Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Us Against The World

Online Dating Profiles:

What would you write (if you were completely honest and held nothing back) about who you are looking for?

I want to be with someone who:

  • Has compassion for others.
  • Doesn’t joke at my expense.
  • Loves me for me and doesn’t expect me to change.
  • Believes in me when I decide to better myself and helps me stay on track.
  • Is intelligent, can hold a serious conversation but also joke around with me.
  • Builds me up and makes me want to be a better person.
  • Communicates with me before something becomes a problem.
  • Works with me to accomplish mutual goals.
  • Likes the same things I do.
  • Respects my “me” time and interests they don’t share.
  • Loves the things I do for him because he knows that’s how I show I care.
  • Does little things to show me he cares and he listens.
  • Has self respect, is trusting and trustworthy.
  • I can be myself around and feels comfortable around me to be himself.
  • Will call me out on my own bullshit.
  • Sparks, I want Sparks!
  • Is a bit of a freak and can keep up with my over the top sex drive.
  • Wants me and touches me to show affection. Wants to give me a back rub after a long day.



That’s a big list but all those things go both ways, and you get what you give… Treat others as you want to be treated, right?
I miss being a team with someone who has my back and I theirs no matter what… Should be us against the world.
I think often people throw around affection and words like love. They jump into marriages and commitments before they really feel it. Then it’s hard to feel like people are genuine..
It sucks to put yourself out there and pour your soul into a relationship and have a partner who doesn’t hold up their end or they are dishonest and manipulate you… Been there… I’m too old to put up with shit and play stupid games. I don't want to constantly wonder where I stand.

I feel like if you can’t be completely honest with the person you are sharing your life with then you can’t be honest with anyone. But then again some people can’t be honest with themselves…. So they aren’t capable of opening up to anyone else.
My sister always told me that you can’t love someone else until you love yourself… Same goes for honesty and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!!! Tell me where I need improvement and where I have it just right! Feedback is always appreciated! Also, please feel free to share this post (Sharing is like getting a virtual pat on the back) as long as your post links back here!!! Give credit where it's earned... Thanks for reading, commenting and Sharing this post!!!