Friday, July 22, 2016

Just your average dumb blonde

 For most of my life people have assumed me to be a typical dumb blonde.  They have labeled me as stupid and useless without any investigation. I won't lie, I have had my fair share of blonde moments (I will be the first to point them out and joke about them, when they occur) but not enough to be judged and dismissed so quickly.

Blank Cover = Dumb
Judging a book by it's cover, people have decided they can walk all over me and I wouldn't even realize what they were doing much less take action to stop it. 

Over the years many so called "friends" have made the same assumptions, deciding that I can be ignored, mistreated and used. Figuring I wouldn't even know the difference. Most have underestimated me and some were mad when they found out that I actually possess a functioning brain.

In my adolescence, I wanted so badly to fit in and be accepted that I assumed the identity of that which everyone wanted me to be. I played dumb, bubbled & gushed and did everything else that entailed. Time after time I was let down, backed into a corner, shoved around and kept finding myself in scary situations that I was too smart to have found my way into.

From all this I have learned that what others want doesn't really matter in the scheme of life, you have to find yourself, love yourself and above all else be true to yourself! Find what makes you happy and do that! Embrace your individuality, never change any aspect of yourself to please someone else!

I refuse to conform to anyone's idea of who or what I should be; I am proud to be me, I am different and totally unique. I allow my freak flag to fly freely! I am incapable of being ordinary, only extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!!! Tell me where I need improvement and where I have it just right! Feedback is always appreciated! Also, please feel free to share this post (Sharing is like getting a virtual pat on the back) as long as your post links back here!!! Give credit where it's earned... Thanks for reading, commenting and Sharing this post!!!