Monday, February 3, 2014

Seahawks Stomp Cake (Superbowl Sunday)


How I made this cake:

I used devil's food cake mix. I applied "Cake Release" to the inside of my Pyrex bowl (which makes the cake slide right out of the pan; doesn't matter if its plastic, meal or glass) prior to adding the batter and baked it until a toothpick came out clean. I then placed the bowl on a wire rack to allow it cool, then flipped the cake over onto a cookie sheet to remove it from the bowl. I used a long, thin, forever sharp knife to carefully cut what would become the bottom of the cake so it would sit flat, if you skip this step and the cake sits unevenly it may tear while carving or icing it! I then flipped it over back onto the cookie sheet and froze it for a couple of hours, I carved the football shape but it took a while as the cake would get too warm and I would have to put it back in the freezer to firm it up and then continue where i left off. Lastly I iced it, the Seahawk could have been better but it was done freehand and I was tired... But I did use a little glitter icing! :)

After the Hawks won the championship, I didn't have the heart to cut into this beauty... :) Good thing I brought a "second string" cake and made a last minute substitution!!! Otherwise I may have mauled by the kids wanting cake! Not sure how long I will hang onto this cake but for now it's in the freezer. I am thinking maybe I will save it for the next Seahawks Superbowl game!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!!! Tell me where I need improvement and where I have it just right! Feedback is always appreciated! Also, please feel free to share this post (Sharing is like getting a virtual pat on the back) as long as your post links back here!!! Give credit where it's earned... Thanks for reading, commenting and Sharing this post!!!