Thursday, November 21, 2013

150 Years Has Passed Since Lincoln Spoke The Gettysburg Address

English: Abraham Lincoln, the sixteenth Presid...
Abraham Lincoln, the sixteenth President of the United States.  (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

So Tuesday, as Google so kindly informed me, was the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address.

Lincoln's Gettysburg Address
Lincoln's Gettysburg Address (Photo credit: howardignatius)
I started writing this post on Tuesday morning, I saved it with the intention of finishing it shortly thereafter.  Unfortunately, my laptop crashed and I have been unable to revive it.  I am currently on my back up laptop which loves to shut down frequently when the memory gets overloaded!

I have to say that many presidents in our history have given good speeches but this is my favorite.  Lincoln was a crowd pleaser and must have been quite a charmer.  Of course he obviously had enemies considering he was assassinated but people throw rocks at things that shine, right?

If you haven't taken a peek around Google's Cultural Institute, do yourself a favor and take a look.  The caption of the following photo will take you there!.
The only known photograph of President Lincoln...
The only known photograph of President Lincoln giving his Gettysburg adress on November 19. 1863 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!!! Tell me where I need improvement and where I have it just right! Feedback is always appreciated! Also, please feel free to share this post (Sharing is like getting a virtual pat on the back) as long as your post links back here!!! Give credit where it's earned... Thanks for reading, commenting and Sharing this post!!!